Our brain break today is a great one to build community at the beginning of the year!
It’s called Greeting Frenzy and here’s how you do it:
1. Tell your class they are going to try to warmly greet as many people as possible in 2 minutes.
2. Model with a student what a “warm greeting” looks and sounds like (firm handshake, looking in the eye, smile, and say “hello” or “good morning/ afternoon”).
3. Set the timer for 2 minutes and watch as the room fills with positive energy as students start to build relationships.
Debrief- asks your students:
1. How did it feel to be greeted warmly?
2. How did it feel to greet others?
3. How can you apply what you just felt to this classroom and your school in the future?
Share in the comments about how this worked in your classroom!